Audit information needs to be sent to both Virginia PTA and HCPS after it has
Below is the their contact information
and Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR mail hard copy to:
Administrative Assistant, Virginia PTA
1027 Wilmer Ave.
Richmond, VA 23227
Treasurer Month by Month Checklist
* Keep control of all financial documents.
* Maintain accurate records on receipts and deposits.
* Have bank reconciliation verified by non-signatory.
Provide receipts for donations.
* Analyze budget for possible need for amendments.
* Prepare and present treasurer report for each board meeting and general membership meeting.
* Take over all financial records once the
audit is completed and presented to the board for approval.
* Go over the books and set up files
to suit your preference.
* Establish procedures for reimbursements, paying bills, and money handling
within guidelines and present to board for approval.
* Solicit input on what projects and programs
will need funding in the proposed budget.
* Using audit report, the year-end financial report,
and funding request work with the budget committee to formulate a proposed budget.
budget proposal to the board for approval.
* Provide start up cash needed for Open House/Orientation.
* Ensure insurance premium is paid.
* Attend training
* Verify membership dues deposit amounts with
* Present audit report to general membership for approval. After approval send
a copy to VA PTA.
* Present proposed budget to general membership for approval.
* Distribute copies of approved budget to all board members.
* Provide start up cash
needed for Back to School Night.
* Mail in first membership dues payment to VA PTA.
* Continue to verify membership dues deposits
with membership chair.
* Prepare and submit the appropriate Form 990. Send copy to VA PTA.
* Apply for 501(c)(3) Determination Letter
* Make sure Virginia Sales Tax Exemption
Certificate is current.
* Ensure all dues collect to this point have
been paid to VA PTA prior to December 1.
* Analyze the budget to see if any amendments need to be presented to the general membership for approval (any amounts
* Make sure all budget amendments over $300
have been presented to the general membership for approval.
* Send notice to everyone that may
have outstanding receipts to turn in reimbursement request.
* Make sure all minutes needed (those
showing audit and budget approval and any approval of budget amendments) are in the financial records for audit.
* Make sure the board has approved an audit committee or auditor.
* Prepare financial files for audit
* Present financial files for
* Schedule transition meeting with incoming treasurer to turn over records.
Sample Treasurer Report